THE JEWISH HISTORICAL Society of New Jersey (JHS) launched its NJJN digitization project. Back issues of the newspaper, from 1947 to September 2016, will be available on the JHS website at jhs-nj.org.
This project will provide easy, online access to over 200,000 pages of the weekly newspaper. Content is being uploaded and the entire project is expected to be complete by the end of 2018.
The Jewish News, as the newspaper was previously known, began publishing on Jan. 3, 1947. For nearly 70 years it was published in-house by the Jewish Federation of Greater MetroWest and its predecessors; the Jewish Week Media Group purchased NJJN and published its first issue Sept. 22, 2016. NJJN remains the newspaper of record for the Jewish community and maintains its commitment to covering the area’s evolving religious, social, and political landscape.
Funding for the digitization of the paper was made possible by the generous support of the Gottesman family, Friends of the Jewish News, and members of the JHS Board. Visit jhs-nj.org to view this collection of the community’s history.