Jewish Federation of Greater MetroWest NJ allocates $19.6 million
THE BOARD OF Trustees of Jewish Federation of Greater MetroWest NJ approved on June 19 the allocation of $19.6 million raised through the UJA Annual Campaign for the 2018-2019 program year.
“The allocation of Jewish Federation of Greater MetroWest NJ resources is a detailed and thoughtful process that includes hundreds of volunteer hours discussing priorities and ultimately deciding how to allocate the dollars we raise each year through the UJA Annual Campaign,” said Maxine Murnick, chair of the Unified Allocations Council.
To demonstrate how the 2018-2019 allocated dollars were distributed, Federation developed the following:
• $3.9 million allocated to creating a vibrant community. This includes connecting more people to Jewish life and learning, enhancing their lives, and shaping who they are as individuals and as a community now and for generations to come.
• $2.7 million to caring and inclusion. This includes caring and advocation for Jewish people in need, locally and overseas, by providing resources and support, and creating a community where people of all abilities are valued and able to participate.
• $5.9 million to financial resource development and support services. This includes managing the multiple programs, administering the strong endowment, and raising funds to invest in the future of the Greater MetroWest Jewish community.
• $2.5 million to overseas core funding. This includes providing aid, relief, and community building projects in Israel and communities overseas through partnerships with the Jewish Agency for Israel, the American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee, and World ORT.
• $2.4 million to community planning, agency services, and contingencies. This includes investing in strategic guidance, leadership, and expertise for our community partners, enabling collaborative planning and community-wide resources.
• $2.2 million to building connections to Israel and overseas. This includes supporting initiatives that create strong connections to Israel and overseas communities and empower people to advocate for Israel.
“Our Federation allocations committees are committed to ensuring that the gifts you make to the UJA Annual Campaign have the greatest impact possible,” said Murnick. “We consider how best to leverage the dollars available to improve the lives of millions of people, in Greater MetroWest, in Israel, and around the world.”