Henry L. Kuperman
Dr. Henry L. Kuperman, 96, of Verona died Dec. 12, 2010. He was born in Newark.
Dr. Kuperman was a prominent physician in the Essex County area for many years. He had a private practice in internal medicine in Newark and Irvington. He was chief of medicine at Irvington General Hospital and also served on staff at St. Barnabas Medical Center, Newark Beth Israel Medical Center, and Clara Maas Medical Center.
He graduated from New York University in 1935 and Cincinnati College of Medicine.
He served his country from 1942 to 1946, attaining the rank of colonel in the Medical Corps.
He was a fellow of the America College of Angiology and a member of the Essex County Medical Society, the NJ State Medical Society — which awarded him the Golden Merit Award for 50 years of distinguished service — and the American Academy of Allergists.
He was a longtime member of Temple B’nai Abraham, Livingston. He was a member of Crestmont Country Club, Mt. Sinai Lodge of Odd Fellows, and the Maimonides Society of United Jewish Communities of MetroWest NJ.
He is survived by his wife, Faylene; his son, David; his daughter, Miriam Sondak; and two grandchildren.
Services were held Dec. 14 with arrangements by Bernheim-Apter-Kreitzman Suburban Funeral Chapel, Livingston.