Frances G. “Fran” Frankel, 85, of Princeton died July 16, 2012. She was born in Mount Vernon, NY, moved to Norman, Okla., after her marriage, and spent close to a year on a kibbutz in Israel. After returning to Oklahoma, she later lived in Denver, St. Louis, and Silver Spring, Md., before moving in 1968 to Princeton.
Mrs. Frankel worked at the Phillip Morris Agency in New York City. A couple of years later she began working at Princeton University in a number of positions, eventually ending up at the Hillel Jewish Student Association and later on, as alumni coordinator at the Center for Jewish Life, where even after retiring she continued as a volunteer into her 80s.
Active in Community Without Walls House 5 and the local chapter of Jewish Women International, she was also a member of Hadassah and The Jewish Center of Princeton.
Predeceased by her husband, Max Gershon Frankel, whom she married in 1948, she is survived by her daughter, Elka R. Frankel of Princeton; her son, Joel A. of Chicago; and two grandchildren.
Services were held July 19 with arrangements by Orland’s Ewing Memorial Chapel, Ewing.