- This event has passed.
I CARE For The Community
November 4, 2018 , 6:00 pm
I CARE is an interactive training that builds a caring community with the skills and resources to intervene in family and community member’s stress, distress, and crisis.
You will learn:
• How to identify and understand stress, distress and crisis as expressed through behavioral, emotional and verbal channels
• How to comfortably approach another person and respond when you notice signs in others through effective listening and intervention skills.
You will practice these skills in guided role play enactments:
• How to assess mental health crises and suicidal ideation
• How to consider cultural components in mental health
• Identify community resources for support and referral
The program will be led by Miki Saraf, PsyD and her colleagues from Counseling and Psychological Services at University of Pennsylvania.
This program is free and open to all members of the community.
RSVP is requested for planning purposes. To register, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 609-921-0100 Ext. 200.