Eunice Levie (Moskowitz), 92, of Langhorne, Pa., formerly of Trenton, died Jan. 24, 2016. Born in New York and raised in Baltimore, she moved to Trenton when she was a senior in high school.
Mrs. Levie enjoyed a long career in advertising and public relations, including serving as president of her own firm.
She graduated from Berte Institute in Philadelphia, where she majored in design and illustration.
Active with many civic and service organizations, her community service began when, as a young mother, she led a study for the Jewish Community Center that culminated in the establishment of the first local, state-approved nursery school. At the same time, she became active in the original Greenwood House, and continued her service there, serving on the board of directors for more than 25 years. She also served on the board of directors for the USO, JCC, Har Sinai Temple, and Jewish Family Service.
She was involved with a variety of projects, from bringing professional children’s theater to Trenton to planning and executing the Centennial Ball celebration at Har Sinai Temple. In 1950, she was named Woman of the Year by the Rotary Club. She also served as a board or committee member for the Better Business Bureau, Zonta, West Ward Community Partnership Corp., and Trenton Roebling Community Development.
Predeceased by her husband, Edward (“Mor”), and a son-in-law, Alvan Siegel, she is survived by her son, Richard (Sally); her daughter, Carol Siegel; a brother, Philip Marshall; four grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren.
Services were held Jan. 31 with arrangements by Orland’s Ewing Memorial Chapel, Ewing. Memorial contributions may be made to Greenwood House, Crossroads Hospice, or the Residents’ Fund at Attleboro.