Behrman House moves to Millburn
RABBI KERRY OLITZKY helped hang the mezuzah on June 6 in the new Millburn headquarters of Behrman House Inc., a leading publisher of Jewish educational material, surrounded by co-owners David E. Behrman and Vicki Weber.
About 45 people, including local rabbis, educators, authors, designers, and friends, gathered to celebrate the April move from Springfield with a chanukat habayit, dedication ceremony.
According to Terry Kaye, director of educational services at Behrman House, the publisher is outsourcing its shipping to focus on editorial development, educational consultation, and customer support. As a result, Behrman House no longer needs a large warehouse and was able to move to smaller quarters.
The firm was founded as a Jewish bookseller in Manhattan in 1921 by Louis Behrman, Behrman’s grandfather. Its first New Jersey home was in West Orange in 1985, where it stayed for 15 years before moving to Springfield in 2000. — JOHANNA GINSBERG