A DIY Sukkot!
Make your own “7 Species” decoration
The Seven Species
“A land of wheat, and barley, and vines; of fig trees and pomegranates; a land of olive oil and honey.”
The Seven Species (Shivat Haminim) — wheat, barley, grapes (wine), figs, pomegranates, olives, and honey (made from dates) — are mentioned in Deuteronomy 8:8 as the main produce of the Land of Israel. They are also significant because the bikkurim, or first fruits, tithe for the Holy Temple in Jerusalem derived from these seven agricultural products.
To assemble your Seven Species sukka decoration:
• Affix the entire cover page or printouts of circles to a piece of card stock or light cardboard.
• Cut out the four circles.
• Glue, back to back, circle A-1 to circle A-2, circle B-1 to circle B-2.
• Cut along the dotted lines.
• Slip the slit on the A circle into the slit on the B circle.
• Glue a string along the center where the two circles meet.
• Hang the Seven Species decoration in your sukka!